In this episode, Kriket discusses a number of tips and tricks for journeying. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom as there is a lot of resources and links in the show notes of this episode!
The Show Notes
The Tips and Tricks for Journeying
- Anchor Spot: Make sure you have a an Anchor Spot from which you start and finish your journeys. See Further Reading below for a couple of tools to help you find it.
- Power Animals: Find, and journey with your Power Animal.
- Four Directions: Get to know the four directions of the spirit world.
- Quiet the Monkey Mind: Practice quieting the mind in order to deepen your ability experience spirit in general, and specifically intensify your journeys.
- Use the “Box Breath”: Inhale for four seconds, hold for four seconds, exhale for four seconds, hold again for four… then repeat.
- Take Time: Take time to practice journey work. This is time to dedicate to yourself – it will deepen your connection to spirit, and you are worth it!
- Have a Quiet Place: It is very important to have dedicated space for spirit. This can be an alter or a meditation room and is a key aspect of deepening your connection to the spirit world.
- Leave Offerings: If you are taking from spirit, it is important to leave something in return. “Squat squat, thanks for the spot!”
- Take Long Journeys: Sometimes you need a long journey to get out of your conscious mind and get into the journey… listen to back-to-back journey tracks to achieve this.
- Many Ways to Journey: Not everyone journeys in the same way, or under the same conditions – don’t give up / keep trying… and feel free to contact us if you are struggling!
- Wherever You Are: Spirit will work with you, regardless of your current state of being.
- Practice: Be patient, be determined, and keep practicing!
We have further readings for some of the tips, but not all…
- The Journey State Essay and Video that provides more information on the drum, what to expect in journeys.
- For more details on the effect of drumming on brain waves, take a look at this article over at Tools for Wellness on the Four Brain States.
Finding Your Anchor Spot
- Finding your Anchor Spot – Journey: If you haven’t journeyed before, we highly recommend this one as your first. There is also a link to drumming audio on this page, if you don’t have a drummer available.
- Finding your Anchor Spot – Meditation: Journeying can take practice and it doesn’t always click the first (or tenth) try. If visualization through meditating works for you, give this a try. It may even help bridge the gap between meditation and journey work!
- Download free journey music.
Finding Your Power Animal
- Introduction to Power Animals – essay and audio.
- An additional lesson on Power Animals and Shadow Power Animals – essay and audio.
- Finding your Power Animal – Journey
- Finding your Power Animal – Meditation
Getting to Know the Four Directions
- Guided Meditations to each of the four directions.
- Some information about the directions, as per the medicine wheel.
Take Long Journeys
- Download multiple journey tracks and play them back to back.