In this episode, Kriket discusses the role of symbolism in the shamanic world view. A world view is simply the how a given people see the world, and how they see themselves in relation to all else.
Also, be sure to claim your free lifetime membership to Shamans Way – this will get you advanced access to the eBook we’re working on. This first book will be specific to journeying and will include how-to guides, more tips and tricks, and a collection of journeys to guide you around the medicine wheel (we’re VERY excited!!).
The Show Notes
The Role of Symbolism in the Shamanic World View
- Homepage for The International Society for Academic Research.
- The article Kriket quoted from can be found in Volume 3 of their journal “Shaman”.
- For more discussion on Cosmogony and Cosmology, we recommend the podcast The Shamanic Cosmology of Death.
- For more on perception, you can listen to this podcast or read this article on the
- An article on Carl Jung’s dream theory from the Psychology Campus.
- Many articles on the culture, symbolism and art of the Huichol people of Mexico.
- An article and reference table on the Medicine Wheel, as written by our very own Kriket.