Items for Kriket’s Autumn Equinox ceremony.Autumn Equinox is a time of intensified energetic frequency. We have a sacred opportunity to honor the harvest of intentions cultivated at the Spring Equinox and nurtured by the light of the Summer Solstice. Equinox has been celebrated by our agricultural ancestors, awaiting the end of the harvest and the beginning of our slippery slope into the darker days.
I actively seek powerful messages during Equinox. Messages which share with me the efficacy of my work since Winter Solstice. I examine the dreams I incubated after Solstice, the seeds I have planted at Spring Equinox, and the growth I see at Summer Solstice.
In these moments, Spirit invites us to recognize our link to the universe’s cycles, through which we deepen our inherent knowingness of the oneness we are. We become aware of the abundance that we embody simply by being alive. For those on a journey to deepen spiritual connection, who strive to live from a place of higher purpose, it is the perfect time to open ourselves to embodying spirit and taking our shamanic development to the next level. It is a great time to celebrate our spiritual growth and acknowledge ourselves as beings of Spirit with the potential to profoundly impact the world around us.
Our being has the potential to connect intentionally through ceremony during this period, it is supported in accessing and awakening more energy. Transformation happens when we practice awake awareness. A shaman’s role is to support the transformation process by serving as a bridge between our current reality and the divine realm, which contains a consciousness which is profoundly transformative for the human energetic system
Ceremony for the Autumn Equinox
This ceremony is perfect for releasing the past, clearing negative beliefs or feelings, and getting ready to welcome in the new.
- Assorted Dried or fresh herbs
- Water Bowl
- 1 Candle: white, yellow, green, brown, orange, or red
- Your favorite crystal
- Pen and paper
Find a quiet place to do this ceremony where you won’t be disturbed. Light the candle and place it next to your bowl of water.
- Take a number of conscious breaths and soften your gaze. Connect yourself from the inside out, as best you can. Hold your crystal for a few minutes to help clear and release your mind. Take another 5 deep breaths in and out.
- Place your herbs into the water.
- Use your finger, stir the herb water around in a clockwise direction 5 times to generate energy.
- Take your pen and paper and write down what you want to release in your life.
- State what you want to release out loud 3 times. Fold the paper up, blow on it to enliven it & place in the water.
- Swirl the water around again with your finger either 3, 7, or 9 times. Watch how the paper gets soggier and soggier.
- Take the bowl and hold it against your hearts center. When you feel ready, state out loud “I release this”, blow in it at least three times, releasing the energy out of your body through breath. Dump the water out. You can dump the water outside, in the sink, or in the bath.
- Throw the pieces of paper away. Discard the herbs in the garden or outside.
- Keep the candle burning until it naturally goes out, if possible. This is when a tea light may be useful if time is limited.
Follow your intuition and your own guidance when conducting this ceremony, it is designed to be simple so you can adapt them any way that feels right to you.
Equinox is a time of non-duality, equilibrium with the potential to express gratitude and share your healing spirit.
The autumn equinox is a time to reap what you’ve been putting your life force toward these past nine months. It’s a time when there is an equal amount of light and dark present in a day—it’s all about balance—so it’s a powerful time to rebalance, restore, and refocus your energy. Also, because the harvest is not over yet, it’s a time to pause and look forward, to see where to best flow your life force during the last three months of the year.