Bear are the great dreamers. Bears demonstrate very gentle and truly loving. However they can be deadly if approached wrong, or at the wrong time of the year.
There are different traditions in North America which teach that the peoples descended from the bear, and hence Bear has a very honoured position spiritually speaking.
Bear has been one of my most constant, gentlest and harshest teachers and is a great friend to have on any shamanic journey.
Bear has an intense sense of smell. Our Ancestors watched which plants the Bear ate. We learnt different remedies by eating the same vegetation bears ate.
Other resources you may enjoy:
- Find out about Bear Medicine in this article, and this podcast.
- Waking the Bear ceremony and related podcast.
- Podcast episode on Getting to Know the Medicine Wheel.
- Podcast episode on the Four Directions of the Medicine Wheel.
- Podcast episode on Tricksters and Blindspots, and another on Shape-shifting.
- Free shamanic music and drumming.
- Or if you’re new to journey work and wish to develop your own relationship with spirit, get started with journey work here.
If you enjoyed this article, who may, please share it so others may benefit from it as well!
Also published on Medium.